Thursday 15 May 2014

The Stillness



Amid the chaotic cacophony
of the flesh
sits the Silent One,
the Cool Observer,
the Man with the Plan.
Everyone and everything else
screams for attention;
the oceans of emotion
are tossed and tumultuous,
but the one,
sits,
still;
like a lake on a foggy morning,
soundlessly whispering
deep within
the inner recesses of my soul.
Lord, I pray for the power
to calm my oceans.
Help me cleanse the Temple
of Your indwelling.
A thousand tumultuous traders
Constantly clamour,
demanding that I deal with them.
But,
amidst the noise,
the hustle and bustle,
amidst the deals and the squeals,
I sense the silence
of One that makes no demand
that requires nothing,
save that which I would freely give.
To this I wish
to give my undivided
attention.
Lord! Send the whips of your zeal
and cleanse the sanctuary!
Let me be filled
with but one concern,
Hearing your voice,
receiving your instruction,
Let all else
be in silence.
Lord, give me a mind that knows you,
the will that serves you
And the
Blessed Stillness of your Presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment