Tuesday 13 May 2014

Home - a Poem



Home

I am the least in my Father’s House;
but I am, at least,
in my Father’s House.
So many of my brothers and sisters
have locked themselves out,
through folly, ignorance, or selfishness,
In a moment, deluded by passion,
they fled His overcare,
and now wander,
lost and confused,
bewildered and befuddled;
wondering who they are,
where they came from,
where they are going.
Not realising,
that the Father himself
has prepared a place for them.
My joy can hardly be complete
without my brothers and sisters.
Thus have I pledged
to the Father
that I would
seek out our lost family
and help them find their way home.
Thus have I become an expert in maps,
covered all kinds of terrain,
and learned to speak in many tongues.

But it’s hard,
It’s real hard…
To see your own,
Minds muddled
By the delusions of the world,
Wander lost, dazed, and confused,
Unable to recognise you,
Unable to recognise the voice of their Father,
The voice of undying hope,
Unable to recognise their Father’s Castle,
The Stronghold of His Kingdom,
not realising that they are
a few short steps from safety and security,
from warmth and welcome,
from HOME.

No comments:

Post a Comment